About House Proud
Why this website exists
Home on the Ranch
Built for young families
See these homes from both sides now
Document the houses in your neighbourhood
Know Your House ...
What style is my house?
Questionnaire to help identify your house
Don't make you house what it isn't
The style was cumulative of architectural fashion in Britain during the reign of the first three King Georges of England (1750 - 1820).
Georgian architecture in Britain and in Canada was a modification of the Renaissance style,
balanced fašades, muted ornament, and minimal detailing.Simplicity, symmetry, and solidity
were the elements to be strived for.
- 2 stories
- Symmetry across the facade
- Muted ornamentation
- Shuttered windows
- 6 or 8 windows spaced evenly
- Heavy front door at center
- Multi-light windows
- Wingedback furniture
- Pale colour schemes and woodwork
- Italian influenced artifacts
- Wood plank floors covered
- Oriental carpets
- Panelled walls
- Grilled fireplace at center of living room
- Large oil prints of nature
Post a Comment
Exception retrieving comment: java.lang.NullPointerException
Copyright © 2007